- The trip was perfect. Thank you for the arrangements. would love to travel with Destination travels once again.. Thank you Asha for...
- It is almost one month since our arrival from vacation, which was so wonderfully organised & perfectly executed that I fail to find any faults.
- The trip was nice and we had no problem in travel,stay & siteseeing arrangements made by you. Your services for the trip were excellent.
Many thanks for the welcome back mail !!
Me and Jyotika had a wonderful holiday. The Property in Krabi was ...
- Sorry for the delay in replying to your request. I did mean to write to you, just that I have been extremely busy since we have arrived back.
- It was a pleasure booking our holiday with your company. All arrangements were spot on and choice of hotels was excellent. Your...
- Overall the trip was lovely and Greek Island were simply amazing. We both really enjoyed in Mykonos which is such a huge party place.
A chain of islands off the coast of Florida and northeast of Cuba, the Bahamas cover an area slightly smaller than the state of Connecticut. Due to its proximity to the United States, the islands are popular stopping points for cruise ships, yachts and warm-weather seeking East Coasters.
The Bahamas has the world's third longest barrier reef and about 14. 5% of the world's coral can be found in its waters. The islands are made entirely of calcium carbonate, which is mainly produced or precipitated by the organisms of coral reefs. There are no rivers in The Bahamas.
Most notable, however, is that each island has its own diversity that continues beyond geography, carrying through to the heart of The Bahamas, the Bahamian people. You’ll find it in its heritage. In its culture. And in its humble pride. These are The Islands Of The Bahamas. Population: somewhere north of 305,000.
With 700 islands sprinkled out over 100,000 sq. miles of ocean, The Bahamas offers the largest assortment of vacation spots of any tropical destination. Islands are circled by cays (pronounced “keys”). Some cays are surrounded by uninhabited rocks. Which island or cay is right for your vacation? Well, you won’t know until you know more about our 14 main islands that serve as hubs for the remaining 686 islands.
Must Eat - No matter where you visit, make sure to look for the national dish, raw or fried conch, and wash it down with the national beer, Kalik. For harder stuff, don't overlook Bacardi rum, produced in a factory south of Nassau and open for tours.
- Getting There
- Special Deals
- Photo Gallery
- Nassau & Paradise Island
- Eleuthera & Harbour
- Grand Bahama Island
- The Exumas
The Bahamas is a year-round destination. Constant trade breezes ensure pleasant temperatures, so unless you're visiting the southern isles, which get infernally hot in summer (June to August), weather isn't a major factor in determining when to go. Climate-wise, the best time to come is the warm, breezy summer, when the water is so warm you can linger in it for hours. Mid-winter temperatures in the northerly and westerly isles can be surprisingly cool. On the plus side, there are less mosquitos. In summer, the rainy season extends from May to November, when hurricanes are a slim possibility. The so-called 'peak season' runs from mid-December to mid-April, when hotel prices are highest and some hotels are booked solid, especially around Christmas and Easter